Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Wishlist: Zombie Edition 2

This time, it's movies!

1) Night of the Living Dead: Resurrection (2012)


This is another remake of the original 1968 Night of the Living Dead. The story is transported to the present day and set in Wales instead of the US. I don't know much more about it, but it's got to be better than that horrible 90's remake. I will always cherish the original because it created zombies as we know it today, but I am curious about this film.

2) Warm Bodies (2013)


I loved the Warm Bodies book, so of course I want to see it on the big screen. I don't like the comparisons people have been drawing to Twilight because they aren't even in the same spheres of literature and it's frankly insulting to Warm Bodies. A zombie becomes involved with the girlfriend of one of his victims and world changing romance ensues. I realize how cheesy it sounds, but the book is amazing and I have high hopes for the film despite the horribly Twilight-esque poster, which was the only one I could find. :(

3) World War Z (2013)


World War Z is also one of my favorite zombie reads and I would love to see it on the big screen. It should be the recollections of various people's experiences during the zombie wars. However, the recent screenshots and reports have rapidly been turning this film into Brad Pitt goes around the world and kills zombies. Now, there are difficulties with the film and it's changed directors and is being rewritten. It's rapidly looking like it might not even be made at all, but we can hope!

4) I Love Sarah Jane (2013)


Last year, I watched the short film with the same title and I loved it. For a short film, it packed an emotional punch, eliciting disgust and sympathy. A group of children and young adults are trying to cope and live relatively normal lives during a zombie apocalypse situation. The IMDB page is practically blank and there is no discussion about the film or a poster (this one is for the short film), but I will definitely watch this when it comes out some time next year.  

Any zombie films you can't wait for? Please share!

1 comment:

M.A.D. said...

Oh no's - like you I've been dying (heh heh) to see WWZ, after having read & loved the book! Let's both cross our fingers and send happy zombie *vibes* to the producers & film studio, because I'm going to feel really let down if they don't make the movie after all :(

We watched I Love Sarah Jane (the short film), and it was everything on so many levels. o-O

Not even sure what all zombie flicks are on the horizon, heck - we just watched Quarantine 2 which, in both our opinions, was way better than the first one. If you haven't seen it yet, you'd probably like it ;D