Friday, September 4, 2009

Zombie Songs Part 4

Did you think there were no more zombie songs? Well, surprise!

#1. Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie is a great zombie song. I love how his videos take inspiration from old horror movies. This one brings to mind the Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, the famous German silent horror film. The living dead girl is of course Sheri Moon Zombie, his wife and an actress in his films.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqHcD6tv2po

#2. Regga Mortis by Voltaire is a funny, cute reggae song. Voltaire has a great sense of humor and plays songs in a variety of different styles. I have never, ever hear a reggae zombie song, but there's a first time for everything. Voltaire is a great addition to any playlist because he spans genres and has so many different types of songs. Please, check him out: http://www.myspace.com/voltairenyc



An honorable mention goes to another Voltaire song: Dead Girls. I know you're probably wondering why I don't pick someone else, but I am a huge fan of his and can't get enough of his music. This song is about a guy who loves dead girls...a lot. I argue that if there were zombies, he would be happy about animated dead girls. Take a listen!

5 comments:

Zombie Girrrl said...

I'm doing a zombie music thing too! Isn't it amazing how many songs and things have zombies in them? This whole week, I've been tripping over tham. They're everywhere!

titania86 said...

They are everywhere! It's crazy! :)

Zombie Girrrl said...

XD

vvb32 reads said...

me like 'im, voltaire. thanks for introducing me to his music!

titania86 said...

Yay! I have corrupted yet another person into liking Voltaire!!!