Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Zen of Zombie


Are you unsatisfied with your life? Have you read ever self help book out there an still haven't achieved the success of their beautiful, smiling authors? Well, you're in luck. Achieve a state of zen and all the success you want by emulating zombies. Scott Kenemore, in his revolutionary self-help book The Zen of Zombie, lists all the attributes and characteristics of zombies that can help you with the reasoning behind it. Then, in the second half of the book, guides you through a 12 week process in which to take on these characteristics so that you can become the person you want to be.


Don’t listen to all the slander of the media, saying that zombies are mindless creatures who must be destroyed. Zombies are to be envied. Their extreme focus and drive is often mistaken for mindlessness. Don’t you wish you could go after something as intently as a zombie going after brains? Zombies have it worse than any other group. What other group gets attacked, verbally and physically, instantly without any repercussions? Zombies don’t let this get them down.


Scott Kenemore is hilarious. Every page is funny and stays to the point. I learned about how I can apply his theory to many situations in my life: in my job, my love life, and my life in general. I have never read a book where being a zombie or zombie-like was a positive. He covered all types of zombies: slow moving, higher functioning, fast moving, etc. My favorite part of the book is when he reasoned that Jesus is a zombie. I know many people might be offended by this, but it’s really funny. Have a sense of humor about your faith once in a while. Plus he has a point.


The Zen of Zombie is a great addition to anyone’s zombie library. I would recommend this to anyone with a sense of humor.


5/5

9 comments:

Zombie Girrrl said...

Hey, I have a sense of humor! :D

Heather G. said...

Looks hilarious and a fun read! Thanks for your review.

Ellz said...

This sounds very funny, you can actually apply some of his principals to real life? Funny.

Llehn said...

Zombie Zen?!! HAHAHAH! Priceless!

M.A.D. said...

Mary D
zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com

OMG - that is a RIOT!!!!!!! Gotta get this :)

Paradox said...

This sounds hilarious!!! I've never heard of this book before, so thank you for posting about it!

Brodie said...

LOL I want to read this! Sounds awesome and I really want to read a book that's both hilarious and possibly profoundly helpful to my life... check and check, gotta get it! :)

vvb32 reads said...

so is there a zombie mantra?

titania86 said...

@vvb32 reads: braaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnsssssss