Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Zombie Songs Part 3

Here are some more zombie songs!!

#1. Zombie Nation is by Kernkraft 400. You may not recognize the title, but this is one of those songs that everyone recognizes once it gets to the chorus. It's got a great techno beat, is good to dance to, and is fun. There aren't that many words and it takes a little while to build up steam, but it's a great song all the same. Shaun of the Dead used this song in a great way: it was used in the scene where Shaun is on the bus and a guy behind him is listening to Zombie Nation really loud. I love little details like this in films.


#2. I don't think Thriller by Michael Jackson needs any explanation. The video is probably the first thing I had ever scene about zombies and I fell in love with it; it was like a mini horror movie. As a child I could not get enough of horror movies even though they scared the crap out of me and gave me nightmares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8


An honorable mention goes out to Love Me Dead by Ludo. It's not quite about zombies, but it's definitely a twisted love ballad. With lyrics like "Kill me romantically/ Fill my soul with vomit and then ask me for a piece of gum," this is a horror, gory love song if I have ever heard one. He goes from absolutely idolizing her to insulting her in sometimes the same line. the video is full of camp and awesomeness. Please watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCU1JYmGxcA

1 comment:

vvb32 reads said...

yah, zombie nation! thriller is such a classic! and that ludo video was fun. so much going on and a catchy tune. i like how they used the ribbon for blood.