Monday, September 21, 2009

What Are You Reading Mondays 3


Bleh! I'm still reading Alice I Have Been from last week. I'm really enjoying it, but I have so much school work that I haven't really been able to read it. I really want to know what happens! I will be posting a review of this book and Hatter M Volume 2 when school work decides to slow down a bit

This is what I read this past week:
* Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
and that's all :(

Books coming up!
* Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
* Dark Visions #3: The Passion by L.J. Smith
and hopefully some more. I hope to get started on my RIP IV challenge some time soon.

Upcoming events
I'm so excited about some events coming up soon!
* The First Annual Long Beach Comic-Con is going to be at the Long Beach Convention Center on October 2-4. I'm going on Saturday October 3 with my boyfriend to see Kirby Krackle, Steve Niles, the Robot Chicken panel, and a screening of Trick r Treat (I've been waiting for this movie for over a year!!).
* The West Hollywood Book Fair is going to be on October 4. Many great authors are going to be there, such as E. Van Lowe, Amber Benson, Seth Grahame-Smith, Francesca Lia Block, and S.G. Browne.
* At the Borders in Torrance on October 7, Scott Westerfeld and Sarah Rees Brennan will be signing. I have wanted to meet Scott Westerfeld ever since I started reading the Uglies series, plus Leviathan looks awesome. My favorite of his books is Evolution's Darling, an adult sci-fi novel. My sister loves Sarah Rees Brennan, but unfortunately can't go with me because of work. Sarah's novel The Demon's Lexicon looks really great and I can't wait to read it!

No comments: