Tuesday, July 3, 2012

San Diego Comic Con Next Week!


I am sooooo excited about Comic Con next week!!!! I am currently obsessing over every little thing to make sure I don't forget everything and get the most out of this awesome experience. I only got tickets for 3 days, but on Saturday, my boyfriend and I plan to play Magic: the Gathering all day and get lots of M13 cards. Here are my goals and my schedule for this con:

Thursday:

* Panel for the Soska twin's new film American Mary - This film about underground body modifications stars one of my favorite actresses Katharine Isabelle from Ginger Snaps. I can't wait for this film and I truly enjoyed their first low budget endeavor, Dead Hooker in a Trunk.

* Panel with authors of zombie books called Not with a Bang, With a Bite - I'm so excited about the many zombie authors that will be there, including Mira Grant, Susan Dennard, and Max Brooks! I haven't heard of  some of the authors, so I will probably be adding more zombie novels to my reading list.

* History of the Modern Zombie panel - Yes, more zombies with Max Brooks and Steven Schlozman MD, who I chatted with last year about Scandinavian horror films, and others.

Friday:

* My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic panel - Zombies and ponies? You are damn right. This show is awesome and I probably won't be able to go it due to the next one, but my boyfriend will go to it at the very least and take lots of pictures and tell me everything about it.

* Firefly 10th Anniversary Reunion panel - This is the one I really, really, really want to go to. As in waiting in line for about 5 hours want to go to. I never thought I would ever see this. I started watching Firefly well after the show was cancelled on Fox and the Serenity film came out. All the actors are still working in many and varied projects, so this event is extremely epic and amazing. I will wait as long as it takes to see this and unfortunately so will many, many, many other rabid Browncoats.

* Magic: the Gathering panel - I have gone to this panel for the past few years and it's always good. There are spoilers for the next set (Return to Ravnica) and the From the Vaults: Realms spoilers. Plus they always give out goodies (t-shirts and/or posters) and hand out epic random prizes for questions like an unopened box of Legends in Italian.

Saturday:

Play lots of Magic and get lots of M13 cards!!!!!!

Sunday:

Debating between: BBC Doctor Who panel and What's Hot in YA fiction - I would love to see Matt Smith and Steven Moffat and find out what's in store for the Doctor, the Ponds, and the new companion. However, I don't know if I will want to wait in line forever again, so I think the YA fiction one might be a better choice. Plus Scott Westerfeld will be there and he is amazing.

Foes Beyond Fur and Fangs panel: Another book panel featuring awesome YA authors, such as Gail Carriger, Kiersten White, Amber Benson, and Maggie Stiefvater. It centers around books that don't feature vampires or werewolves.

Other objectives include learning about new releases, picking up free books, buying books, going to author signings, taking pictures of cool costumes, and enjoying San Diego.

Are any of you guys going to SDCC? What do you want to go to or do there?

No comments: