Monday, August 31, 2009

The Best Zombie Game Ever


I have been a big fan of zombies in general, but I didn't really get into zombie games until Resident Evil 4 came out for the Wii. First of all, I love Wii games. They are simple to execute and fun, without the expense and pretentiousness of the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Second, I went through the game after my wonderful fiance finished the game first, so I had unlimited ammo and some other perks. I also had his help navigating through the levels since I have absolutely no sense of direction. (He got very frustrated, especially when I kept shooting the merchant and having to reset.) Even with these helpful things, I still took a while to finish the entire game. I am hopeless at these kinds of games; whenever I see a zombie I scream, shut my eyes, and shoot wildly. Despite my obvious lack of gaming talent, this was the most fun I have ever had playing a zombie game.

The controls for this game are very simple. You point and shoot with the Wiimote and direct yourself with the Nunchuck. The only way for this to be easier is if you played this on the PC or just shot actual zombies with an actual gun. I played Left 4 Dead on the Xbox 360 and I couldn't get past the crazy hard controls, where one toggle nobby thing is for the side-to-side movements and the other toggle nobby thing is for up-and-down movements. It didn't matter that I was bad at games in general because I couldn't even master looking in the direction that I wanted to. It was very frustrating.

The game plays out like a movie. The cut scenes are just enough to be interesting, but not so long that you feel as if you aren't even playing a game. The gameplay is exciting and scary. The big guys with the chainsaws were some of the scariest things ever. The music, the graphics, and the characters were all perfect. The game had me on the edge of my seat every time I played it.

Even though I sort of cheated when I played the game, I think anyone would enjoy this game. I had so much fun every time I sat down to play and I can't say that of a whole lot of games. Maybe I'll go through the game again sometime.



4 comments:

vvb32 reads said...

i'm not much of a gamer. last thing i was into was myst and that was awhile back. if i come across anyone with this game, i may have to give it a go.

i'm sure playing zombie games would be good survival prep against a zombie attack. your reaction time would be better than normal because you'd be used to scary things coming at you.

titania86 said...

I know I would suck because even though I know they're coming, I still scream and shoot wildly. My friends have agreed that I am not to be given a firearm if the zombie apocalypse happens.

Jenny N. said...

I just checked and my brother has this game. I dont really play fighting games but I might try it out later tonight.

vvb32 reads said...

LOL - titania86 - you'll have to be given a crowbar to combat the zombies. they seem to work in most z-movies i've seen, except when you put them down and go for a croquet mallet instead like in dawn of the dead (2004) - bad move.