Saturday, August 29, 2009

Zombie Invasion at Comic-Con


At San Diego Comic-Con, there were so many zombies! Lots of advertising for Zombieland was everywhere in addition to very tall zombie women walking around with Zombieland swag (as seen above with me). It makes me wonder why zombies are so popular all of a sudden. Is it the recession or the current happenings in politics? Is it people have just woken up to the fact that zombies are awesome? Whatever it is, I am completely happy that others share my love for zombies.


Back to Comic-Con: my boyfriend and I saw on Myspace that there was going to be a zombie walk in San Diego while we were there. Plus, you could get free zombie makeup done. It was perfect. The only problem was that we could only zombie walk for about 15 to 20 minutes before we had to go catch our train. So we got our free zombie makeup, which was very sticky and weird, and we zombie walked. It was so fun to walk around and act like a zombie with hundreds of other people. The regular humans on the street seemed to enjoy it too. They took pictures and encouraged us. The only complaint I had was that zombies don't smoke. So if zombies can't smoke, then someone zombie walking shouldn't smoke. It got really annoying because my boyfriend has asthma. After that, we took a pedicab to the train station and went home in our zombie makeup. We got a lot of stares and double takes, which was pretty funny. Overall, the zombie invaded Comic-Con was a blast. I hope the zombies invade next year too.





4 comments:

vvb32 reads said...

thanks for sharing your experience. the pic is so great! love the arm impaling the zombie.

titania86 said...

lol! My arm isn't impaling her, but it totally looks like it! That's so funny!

Heather G. said...

awesome pic! i would have loved to dress up as zombie and act like one with others! too fun!

titania86 said...

Thanks! Zombie walking is awesome. You should look for ones around your area so you can join in on the fun!