Monday, August 31, 2009

Zombie Songs

Zombie Girrrl's blog (please read her's here http://crackinspines.blogspot.com/2009/08/zombie-tunage-part-1.html) about Zombie Tunage inspired me to look at my own playlists and look for some zombie songs. I'm happy to say that I have found quite a few.

#1. Voltaire is known for his darkly humorous songs and deep, rich voice. I love his music in general. The sweeping violin lines against his voice are simply beautiful. He has an incredible wit and intelligence, which is apparent in his songs. This song is called Zombie Prostitute from his album Ooky Spooky. It's about a guy who's looking for a good time and meets a zombie prostitute. I won't give away the rest of the story, but it's great. I love this video because I never thought there would be so many zombie pinups. Obviously, the song is a bit crude, so if you don't like that sort of humor, I wouldn't recommend it.


#2. I discovered the wonderful comic book rock band Kirby Krackle at Comic-Con this year. One of the band members asked me if I liked zombies. I said I loved them, so I listened to their awesome song, Zombie Apocalypse. I laughed out loud so many times that I had to buy their album right then and there. It had a lot of really awesome and funny tracks, but the Zombie Apocalypse is still my favorite (with Up, Up, Down, Down being my second favorite). The guy in the song is just so annoyed by these zombies that prevent him from updating his Twitter and hanging out with his friends. He is also not into necrophilia, unlike the guy in Zombie Prostitute. If you like this song, please visit their site: http://www.kirbykracklemusic.com/


I want to give an honorable mention to a band that I don't think a whole lot of people have heard, but is awesome nonetheless: Lee Press-on and the Nails. Their album Swing is Dead is a goth swing album that I simply love. In this album, there are songs about couples beating each other up (Wave a White Flag), controlling that deranged side of you that wants to kill people (The Dark Half), and yes, even zombies (Maelstrom). Their zombie song is an instrumental with quotes from Night of the Living Dead interspersed within it. Unfortunately, this album is no longer in print and goes on Amazon for a minimum of $40. You can visit Mr. Press-on's Myspace here: http://www.myspace.com/reichmarshall



2 comments:

vvb32 reads said...

excellent finds! this music is such a new side of zombies i haven't experienced before.

titania86 said...

Thanks! I'll be posting some more later!