Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Wishlist: Zombie Edition

Here are some drool-worthy zombie novels that are either upcoming or already out, but I don't have them yet.


1) Eat Slay Love by Jesse Petersen



The third book of the Living with the Dead series by Jesse Peteresen. The adventures of David and Sarah continue as they head to the mythical Midwest Wall! Flip this Zombie was a good book, so I hope the series continues its upward trajectory.



2) This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers


It's a new YA zombie novel where 6 students are trapped out their high school. Of course the school is surrounded by zombies. Sloane Price is kind of happy about these new developments and is eager for their defenses to fall. Since their holed up together, she gets each person's perspective on their hope and why they want to live. As time goes by, their opinions and motivations change and they begin to turn on each other instead of uniting against the common foe: zombies. This sounds like a new concept that I haven't read before and I can't wait until it comes out in June 2012.


3) The Dragon Factory by Jonathan Maberry

This is the second of the Joe Ledger, the first of which was excellent and one of the best zombie books I have read. Joe Ledger continues to work with the Department of Military Science to save the world against evil foes. There aren't many books that take the view of the government in zombie novels and Jonathan Maberry captures that view very well. More mythical creatures are in this installment, including more zombies, and I can't wait to read it!

4) Undeadly by Michele Vail



There's no official synopsis released for this YA zombie novel, but, according to Truly Bookish, is about a 16 year old reaper and zombies. I assume adventures and conflicts will ensue at some point. I'm sold. It's out February 28, 2012.


Do any of you have any zombie reads you're dying to get your hands on?

1 comment:

M.A.D. said...

Great list of zombie reads! This is Not a Test & Undeadly are now on my want list hehe ;D

Those I'm dying to read include Fighting to Survive and Dust & Decay - there's probably a slew of others that I can't recall right off the bat ~