Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Theme Song

Brenna Yovanoff is having an awesome contest for an ARC of her upcoming novel The Space Between. Her challenge is to post a personal theme song, so I have chosen Up Up Down Down by nerd band Kirby Krackle. It starts off as a love song between two nerdy people using video game and comic book allusions (which is always awesome). Then the song takes a weird turn. After their first date, the girl shoves him into her house, cooks him, and eats him. Bam, cannibalism. Then the end rambles off. This song reminds me of my relationship with my boyfriend (sans cannibalism) because we met in a comic book shop and we've been together for almost 12 years. It also shows my quirky, dark sense of humor and my nerdiness.


If you'd like to join in the fun (or you just really want The Space Between), post your theme song here.

No comments: