Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mailbox Goodies 6

Books from my mailbox for the past couple of weeks and I went on a shopping spree at Barnes and Noble with Christmas gift cards.

* Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff, purchased from Barnes and Noble


I've been waiting for this book for so long! The cover is amazing and I always love Brenna Yovanoff's writing. I hope it's awesome. I will probably review it in February for Women in Horror Month.

* Mind Games by Kiersten White for review from Amazon Vine


I haven't read anything by Kiersten White, but the supernatural premise seems interesting and I've heard a lot of good things about the Paranormalcy series.

* The Best of All Possible Worlds by Karen Lord for review from Amazon Vine


I immediately recognized the title as a reference to Voltaire's Candide, which I love, plus the plot sounds kind of a like an awesome science fiction version of Romeo and Juliet.

* Splintered by A.G. Howard purchased from Barnes and Noble


I had to get this dark retelling of Alice in Wonderland. I'm such a sucker for retellings and the cover is gorgeous!

* Flesh and Bone by Jonathan Maberry purchased from Barnes and Noble


I also had to get the latest book in the Benny Imura zombie series for September Zombies (or maybe a mini zombie week sometime between now and then). Dust and Decay was amazing and I need to know what happens!

What have you gotten that you are excited about?

No comments: