Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Internet Awesomeness 3

I found awesome stuff on the internet and I would like to share it with you!

1) Here is the obligatory Amanda Palmer song because this woman sings too many songs that I love. I just want to share every single one. She has this uncanny talent that allows her to tap into a variety of emotions, at least from me. This is a sad song about how a passionate love can evolve into a cold relationship where they don't even remember why they were together in the first place. It's beautifully written and sung with an earnestness that few singers have. I usually can't make it to the end of the song with dry eyes.


2) Garfunkel and Oates is a great musical duo that writes and performs funny songs. This is one of my favorites called Sex with Ducks. Pat Robertson equated legalizing gay marriage to legalizing sex with ducks; this song just illustrates the ridiculousness of that statement. The video is low budget, but I love this song!


3) Regina Spektor is another talented chanteuse whose body of work is truly eclectic, drawing inspiration from different cultures and using a variety of extended techniques. This is my very favorite song by her, Eet. It never ceases to make me smile, but, contrary to the cheerful melody, the lyrics tell a melancholy story. She's another artist that never ceases to amaze me.


You can watch the official video here.

Hope you all enjoyed!

1 comment:

Misty said...

I heart you.
You already know I love me some AP, and now you can now, I love me some Regina Spektor as well.
And Sex w Ducks is awesome! The video, I mean. I imagine the actual sex would be mediocre at best.