Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day: Playlist

I have compiled a playlist for those that love Valentine's Day. Of course, these aren't all sappy love songs, but also include songs about torturous and horrible relationships.

1) Dusty Cartridges and Long Boxes by Kirby Krackle is a cute nerdy ballad about love and nostalgia.


2) Love Me Dead by Ludo is an upbeat song about the pain of being in love with a beautiful, horrible woman. It's a great song and the video is campy and adorable.


3) My Heart by Paramore is a pop rock ballad that I can't stop listening to. It's beautiful with a little bit of edge.


4) Stuck with You is sung by both Amanda Palmer and Voltaire as an unhappy couple whose hate for each other escalates throughout the song. They take out this hate on each other through violence and can't separate because of their marriage vows. It all ends happily though.


5) I Will Follow You into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie is a beautiful song that frequently brings me to tears. It's a simple ballad with only a voice and a guitar. The love expressed in this song extends past death.


The official video can be found here.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I love Ludo! Song never fails to crack me up.
And back to the songs to slit your writsts playlist...I'll follow you into the dark is on it. It's beautiful and romantic, but still sad. Sweetly sad.