Monday, October 26, 2009

E. Van Lowe's Zombie Fest!!



I had the wonderful opportunity to take part in an amazingly fun event this past Saturday: E. Van Lowe's Zombie Fest!! I went as Margot, the main character of Never Slow Dance with a Zombie and I brought my zombie boyfriend DJ (as Dirk from the novel). We arrived early so DJ could be made up by Cat Elrod, a very talented Hollywood makeup artist. Here she is, getting attacked by her own creations!


The event started with a grand opening of zombies in a mini dance to introduce E. Van Lowe. First, he did a reading from Never Slow Dance with a Zombie, starting from the part where Margot is fighting with her best friend, Sybil, and they discover that all of their classmates have turned into zombies. Then, there was a Q&A, where we learned a lot about E's writing process, his music selections, and his inner girl.


He also unveiled his next project: I Want You Back, a paranormal YA novella. This funny and thrilling and FREE eBook will become available to subscribers of E's website through e-mail every time a new chapter is available. This book will also be illustrated by E's friend, Tatiana, who I got to meet at the party. Meet Emy, the 16 year old protagonist
of the story:

To begin with, I’m not a nice girl. Don’t get me wrong, I used to be a nice girl. I used to be kind, and helpful, considerate and thoughtful. The kind of girl who went to all of her boyfriend’s games, even though she hates basketball; the kind of girl who helped her boyfriend study for his English final while she should have been studying for her own calculus final—and maybe she would have done better than that C; the kind of girl the boys at school lovingly call, oh, what’s that cute little name they have for us again? Oh, yes—Doormat.


I Want You Back is the story of 16 year-old, Emy Grant, who uses magic to ensnare the boy of her dreams.

It sounds great and I can't wait to read it!

After that, E signed books and there was a reception with yummy food and great people. Here are some other pictures I took:

DJ/Dirk is enjoying the brain/watermelon.

Some other zombies join in on the fun!

Margot looks terrified and E looks thoughtful as the zombie horde closes in on them...
DJ and I had a blast at this awesome party. I would like to congratulate E on the success of Never Slow Dance with a Zombie!

7 comments:

Tatiana said...

It was a pleasure meeting you as well!

I will be sure to email you a copy of the pictures I took of you and DJ.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm sure you will love I Want You Back.

vvb32 reads said...

yay! thanks for sharing the experience and fabulous pics! impressive zombies!

Misty said...

Okay, this is truly awesome, and I'm jealous. Also, I love the first picture: just two "normal" humans, hangin' out in the midst of zombies. My first thought was why haven't they turned on the fresh meat?

And free!?!

Zombie Girrrl said...

Awesome! I must admit I'm a mite jealous, you lucky, lucky girl! Love the pics.
I reviewed this book already, it was a lot of fun. :)

Heather G. said...

Wow! That's soooo awesome! What great costumes and I am sooo jealous you got to meet him! His zombie book was so fun!

L.H. Parker said...

Hehehe! Sounds like it was fun. I like the picture of the zombies pretending to attack.

L.H. Parker said...

Or maybe it wasn't pretend...