Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Upcoming Zombies Sneaking Up Behind You: Movies

These are the upcoming releases in zombie films just waiting to nom your brain.

* Patient Zero - September 14th



Stanley Tucci stars as a different type of zombie while Dr Gina Rose (Natalie Dormer) and Morgan (Matt Smith) try to find Patient Zero in order to create a vaccine. I'm a bit dubious right off the bad because Morgan can talk to zombies and is somehow immune to the zombie virus. The trailer makes it seem lighthearted and comedic. It also seems to have a decent budget for effects, actors, and the like. It's hard to tell if it'll be so bad it's good or just bad.

* Anna and the Apocalypse - November 30



It's finally coming out! I heard about this film last year during the festival circuit and it's finally going to be released! The new clips make me super excited. Anna and the Apocalypse is a fully choreographed Christmas zombie musical. It's all the things I love! There are so many inventive, funny moments like killing a zombie with two bowling balls to the head or a sharped decorative candy cane. I will be first in line to see this and I hope it's as fun as this trailer looks

* Overlord - November 9



The day before D-Day, American forces infiltrate a Nazi occupied village, only to find aberrent experiments and undead creatures. This movie looks fun. I'm expecting zombies, Nazis dying, and lots of gore. This looks very promising with some disgustingly cool visual effects. I was a little dubious when I heard about it, but seeing the trailer made me change my mind.

* One Cut of the Dead



Once Cut of the Dead is a 37 minute, one shot film. That in and of itself is interesting, but it's also a zombie movie being made within a one shot zombie movie. This looks like an exuberant labor of love for the genre. The effects aren't as elaborate and well funded as Patient Zero or Overlord, but it looks amazing all the same. Right now, it seems to still be on the festival circuit, so it doesn't currently have a US release date. In Japan, One Cut of the Dead has already made 250 times its $27,000 budget and I hope it sees similar success internationally. I'm keeping my eye on this one.

No comments: