Saturday, September 7, 2013

Upcoming Zombies 1

These are some upcoming zombie projects that I am looking forward to!

1) Warm Bodies sequel by Isaac Marion



Yes! You heard me right. Isaac Marion will be writing a sequel to Warm Bodies that is as yet untitled. This is what he has to say about it:

"I wrote Warm Bodies having only the faintest hope that it would ever see publication. I never dreamed that I'd have the opportunity to continue the story in another book, so I tried to make it self-contained. But in my head, I still went ahead and created a big, complex world full of history and mystery and people and monsters and strange things in-between, all moving toward something only hinted at in Warm Bodies' brisk 256 pages. Those pages end with hope on the horizon, but the world that R, Julie, M, Nora, Rosso, and Perry inhabit is still very dark, very wild, and not even close to "saved."

I love that world. I love those people, and I want to show you what happens to them. So I'm writing another book about them. Another book-and-a-half, actually...but I'll explain that later. For now, just trust that I have a story to tell and a reason to tell it, and I'll try my best not to ruin everything."

You can read the full post on his blog, Burning Building, here. I am excited about a sequel and since the original was so brilliant, I have complete faith that the sequel will be as well.

2) Tom Savini's Death Island

Tom Savinin remade Night of the Living Dead over 20 years ago and wants to make another zombie film. I was not a big fan of that film, but the premise for this one sounds unique and very interesting. Tony Todd is an amazing actor that has a commanding presence in any film (just look at the Final Destination movies), so I would love to see him as the villain here. If you like it, you can help fund it yourself and help make the film a reality here. Watch the pitch!


3) Maggie

Maggie will be a film about a teenage girl slowly succumbing to the zombie virus as her family watches over about 6 weeks. All that has been confirmed is that Arnold Schwarzenegger will play the father and Abigail Breslin, of Zombieland fame, will play Maggie. It will be directed by Henry Hobson, who has not directed any films before. The premise is intriguing and I love Abigail Breslin, but Schwarzenegger is not known for good acting. I guess we'll see what happens. Keep an eye out!

No comments: