Friday, October 8, 2010

Helluva Halloween II Contest: Choose Your Paranormal Character/Story

Mrs. DeRaps at DeRaps Reads is having an awesome contest where bloggers can come up with their own paranormal character and story. Here are the instructions:

Pretend that you are a character in a paranormal YA book. What is your paranormal identity? Are you a vampire? A werewolf? A zombie? Something else? Give a name to your character and a bit of your story.

Here is my story:


I'm a zombie. I don't know my name because stuff like that just isn't really important to zombies. We have more important things to think about, like finding tasty morsels and shuffling around aimlessly. Anyway, I was a normal college girl with normal college girl worries until my university became overrun with zombies. It's really not surprising because of the sheer volume people in such a close proximity. Cursing myself for actually showing up for school that day, I tried to flee, but I'm really clumsy. It didn't work out so well: I tripped and fell flat on my face. The zombie that was shuffling after me took a big bite out of my leg. After screaming in agony, I kicked it in the face and managed to escape. I knew I was a goner. No one ever survives or gets better from a zombie bite. I pondered on what to do: should I kill myself so I wouldn't hurt other people? Or should I embrace my zombification and just go with it? I opted for the second choice, partly because there was really nothing around to kill myself with. Who carries weapons onto a college campus? No one. And letting myself get eaten by zombies seemed like a really painful, messy way to go. So I just sat in the girl's bathroom waiting to become a zombie. Now, I roam around Long Beach with my zombie brethren, looking for tasty people to eat or at least infect. I'm not really sure of the reason for us zombies or if anyone has any clue on how to stop us, but I'll just live in the moment and enjoy being a zombie while it lasts.

* image is a screenshot from AMC's new TV show, The Walking Dead

2 comments:

vvb32 reads said...

ewww, go zombie, go zombie. great post ;-D

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Embrace zombification! Love it.