Thursday, April 11, 2019

WonderCon 2019

Over this past weekend, I went to 2 days of WonderCon! I saw a surprising amount of panels, awesome cosplay, spectacular art, and droolworthy collectibles. I didn't take a ton of pictures this time, but here is my favorite cosplay. The hand puppet is magnificent and completely handmade.



Artist Katie Cook was a special guest. I saw her a few years ago at Comic Con and she painted mini-portraits of all my cats. She was so popular this year that whenever I went to see if I could commission another portrait, she was either in panels or the line was so long it was already cut off. I purchased one of her premade watercolors instead.


The convention room floor was crowded with artists, authors, comics, books, movie and tv stars, and other merchandise in booths. The most popular one was the Exploding Kittens booth. This giant vending machine shaped as a cat complete with fur had buttons on the front to purchase items or receive a random item. I was playing games nearby and saw people stand for hours to watch and the line was always massive. Check out the awesomeness below.



I also got to try out a few games in the gaming area. My favorite was Unstable Unicorns where you build an army of adorable, deadly unicorns. The gameplay reminds me of simplified version of Magic: the Gathering, which feels super fun. The other games I tried out seemed like they needed a bit more development and variety within the games.


WonderCon was so much fun. Keep an eye out for converage on the panels I got to see.

No comments: