Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Upcoming Horror Movies in the Fall

Fall horror films are coming! These are the films around Halloween you can expect in theaters plus my impressions of the trailers.

* Halloween (2018), release date: October 19



When I first heard about this Halloween installment, I was doubtful especially looking at the slews of sequels that already exist. This trailer made me so excited. Every film after the original doesn't exist to this one. Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis reprising her icon role) has a family and lives on, but trains in weapons and made modifications to her house to stay safe. She's committed to killing him. The bathroom scene with the rain of teeth and the closet scene look particularly creepy. The movie just looks good with the same suspense of the original. John Carpenter composing the music solidifies my faith in this movie and I hope it doesn't disappoint.

* Suspiria (2018), release date: November 2



I've grown to love the original Suspiria over the years, so a remake made me roll by eyes. This trailer shows 70's camera work with modern settings and style. The color palette and fairy tale feel are abandoned. I think it's best decision to be its own movie instead of replicating the original. Tilda Swinton is always amazing, but I have my doubts aobut Dakota Johnson of Fifty Shades fame. Suspiria looks eerie and beautiful at once with way more actually dancing in the dance school. Not a lot is shown, but it seems they are choosing to follow at least parts of the story. I'm cautiously excited for this.

* Hell Fest (2018)



Hell Fest is a haunt like Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios that has elaborate sets, dedicated scare actors, and decent special effects. Hapless young people go in and are stalked by either a very dedicated scare actor or a murderer. I always thought that these types of events would be a way to hide actual murders happening. The concept is creepy and the execution looks fun. Looking forward to a slasher hopefully with a few surprises in it.

No comments: