Sunday, May 8, 2011

Internet Awesomeness 6

1) More 8in8! I finally got the player to work, so here it is if you're interested in listening to any of their songs. All are awesome, but my favorite is Because the Origami.


They donated over $22,000 to the Berkeley City Music Network in the first 2 weeks that their album has been out. Yay! And they now have their own website. AND their songs have spawned other forms of art, such as fan videos and drawings. Here are two of my favorite videos.



Awesome stuff! I love when art spawns more art. :)

2) This video is NSFW (not safe for work), so don't blame me if it gets you in trouble. It's nominated for a Hugo Award, specifically for Best Dramatic Presentation Short Form. It's Rachel Bloom singing Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury. The song is cute, catchy, and portrays an amorous and exaggerated love for both the author and his literature. Rachel has loved Ray Bradbury's work since she was a child. She says "The No. 1 thing I am earnestly attracted to his intelligence. Writers are thus the pinnacle of intelligence. While actors are great and awesome, writers literally create new worlds from scratch. What is sexier than that? Personally, I don’t know why every person out there isn’t dating a writer." She posted the homage on his last birthday and even met him and watched the video with him since then. I dare you not to smile at this hilarious, sexy pop sci-fi song.


3) The last video for this week features President Barack Obama mercilessly mocking Donald Trump. He is surprisingly funny and makes Fox and the rest of the birthers look ridiculous. He even pokes fun at himself. This speech is only second to Stephen Colbert's speech in 2006 (part 1 and part 2 if you want to laugh hysterically).


I probably won't be posting too much over the next 2 weeks because school is almost over. One more week and then finals! Eek!

2 comments:

vvb32 reads said...

ooo, news tunes for me to listen to. thanks. and good luck on finals.

Misty said...

The videos for Saints and Origami are my faves, too. So good.

And BAAHAAHAAAAA at the other two!