Friday, February 1, 2019

Women in Horror Month X!!!


It's the tenth Women in Horror Month! Although I haven't participated every year, this event has truly reshaped how I viewed films and read books. It made me venture out of my comfort zone in many ways and look at horror and stories in general more critically. It also made me pay more attention to female filmmakers because it seems to still be a small percentage of films made by women. Just because a film features a woman as the main character doesn't mean it's automatically a feminist film and just because a film has rape or misogyny in it doesn't make it a misogynistic film. This year, my goal is to publish an article a day and feature most if not all works by directors, writers, and podcasters who are women.

The Women in Horror website and Twitter features and retweets events for this month, so follow them to support other creators. They are also offering a free month of Shudder, an excellent horror movie streaming service that is definitely worth your time, with code: wihmx. Happy Women in Horror Month!!

No comments: