Monday, August 7, 2017

SDCC 2017: Authors!!

I met so many authors and they were all awesome! Some authors I (mostly) internally freaked out about and others I either heard of or were pleasant surprises. I only took a picture of one author because I was too excited by books and meeting people. I will do better next year.

* Robin Hobb and Vic James



I randomly stumbled onto this book signing. I had heard of Robin Hobb as an amazing fantasy writer, but never read any of her work. I had not heard of Vic James before, but the beautiful cover of her book and the later random people spouting the book's praises won me over. Robin was very nice and Vic was exhuberant. She had never been to Comic Con before and wasn't expecting it to be so huge after some smaller cons she had been to. I will definitely be reading The Fool's Assassin and Gilded Cage and, if I like them, I will be looking into their other works.



* Sarah Beth Durst


I was so excited to see Sarah Beth Durst! She is one of my favorite authors and one that I don't think I've reviewed any of her books for one reason or another. My favorites of hers are Vessel and Conjured, both of which I will reread and review sometime soon. She was as excited to see me as I was to see her and she signed a copy of Queen of Blood, the start of her newest series that I hadn't read yet.

* Gail Carriger


Gail Carriger signed at the Mysterious Galaxy booth. Her new series that includes her newest release The Sumage Solution take place in the Soulless universe and focuses on the romantic relationships. I'm excited to read the change of pace for her unique literary world. I see her at Comic Con fairly often and it was nice to see her again. She had cinnamon roll oreo cookies which were delicious.

* Stephanie Perkins


Stephanie Perkins is famous for her contemporary romance series that starts with Anna and the French Kiss, an emotional series that I love despite not usually enjoying the genre. Her newest book is There's Someone Inside Your House, a thriller/horror about mysterious murders. I received a sampler that cruelly has only half the book, but it was nice to see her and chat about all her books. I never thought she would write a horror book and I'm eager to see how it turns out.

More SDCC to come!

No comments: