Monday, September 7, 2015

Upcoming Zombies Sneaking Up Behind You: Part 1

These zombies aren't quite here yet, but will try to eat your brains very soon. Keep an eye out!

1) The New Hunger by Isaac Marion


Isaac Marion's novella prequel to Warm Bodies is coming out October 4. I absolutely loved the first novel and I can't wait to see what's in store for the second. The novella tells three separate stories that collide in the end. The reviews seem to be pretty favorable, so my hopes are high. If you really can't wait that long for it, it is on sale at the UK Amazon for about $10. It looks like there may also be a sequel in the works as well.

2) Ash vs. Evil Dead


Bruce Campbell is back as Ash and the evil he helped unleash is after him once again. This show looks like super cheesy fun and continues the story of the classic movie series (of which I have not finished yet). If you want over the top blood, awkward situations, funny oneliners, and other hilarity, this is the show for you. Bruce Campbell is always a blast to watch plus he and Sam Raimi teaming up again makes me super excited about the series. It all starts on Halloween at 9pm on Starz and will run for 10 episodes. Check out the trailer!



3) The Backstreet Boys and N' Sync's Untitled Zombie Movie


Backstreet Boys and N' Sync have put aside their differences to make a zombie movie. Not just any zombie movie, but a zombie Western futuristic movie. My inner middle schooler is shouting for joy because these bands were my childhood. I hope the movie is like Firefly with zombies, but I think that's aiming a bit too high. The reality will probably disappoint, but it might be fun anyways. The movie is being produced by the same company that makes the Sharknado movies, so I better lower my standards. I hope the production value is at least a bit better, but we'll see. It will apparently be music-based and they are looking to include New Kids on the Block members, so will it be a musical too? I can hope! No word yet on when it will come out.

No comments: