Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Unexpected Fanart

I found a few unexpected style or mediums of nerdy fanart and I wanted to share them with you!

1) I randomly found this Doctor Hoo shirt on random searching through the internet. I desperately want it, but sadly it's been sold out since I found it. It depicts all the Doctors as owls and the artist eerily captures their look and personality.

2) I love this photograph. The lyrics on her shoulder are from the awesome Firefly theme song. I love the vivid colors. The entire thing is just beautiful. This was featured on deviantArt and taken by ~Kaylasaur.


3) This fanart is of the 4 main companions of the last 5 seasons of Doctor Who in an Art Nouveau style but with a slightly modern twist. Each companion is given a flower and symbol that coincides with their personality. This was found on deviantArt by ~strawberrygina.

4) This one takes Monet's painting Woman with Parasol and inserts Darth Vadar instead. It's just made of awesome. This work is from deviantArt by ~limpfish.

Well, that's it for now. I won't be posting anything until Saturday when I come back from San Diego. :D

5 comments:

Zombie Girrrl said...

The Who Owls and Darth with a Parasol are awesome! Great finds.

M.A.D. said...

I agree! Inserting Dark Vadar was a stroke of genius - would love to hang that on the wall :D

vvb32 reads said...

LOL - fun pics, love the dr hooooo

Alexandra Shostak said...

Those are great pics! I especially love the Firefly reference, because that is one of my FAVORITE shows.

LoriStrongin said...

OMG those pics are AWESOME, esp. the Doctor Hoo one! And I am soooo jealous that you get to be at ComicCon. Looking forward to reading about all the awesomeness you get to see!


Smiles!
Lori