Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Wishlist: YA Fantasy

Here are some awesome books that I really, really can't wait for! Some are already out and some are upcoming releases.

1) Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Summary from Amazon:

"Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don't."

I know I've already read and reviewed this book, but I would really love to have a finished copy. Mainly because the cover is more awesome than the ARC cover that I have; I'd like to see if anything changed from the ARC to the finished copy; and I want to monetarily support authors that I enjoy so they will be able to continue writing.

2) Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves
Summary from Amazon:

"Kit and Fancy Cordelle are sisters of the best kind: best friends, best confidantes, and best accomplices. The daughters of the infamous Bonesaw Killer, Kit and Fancy are used to feeling like outsiders, and that’s just the way they like it. But in Portero, where the weird and wild run rampant, the Cordelle sisters are hardly the oddest or most dangerous creatures around.It’s no surprise when Kit and Fancy start to give in to their deepest desire—the desire to kill. What starts as a fascination with slicing open and stitching up quickly spirals into a gratifying murder spree. Of course, the sisters aren’t killing just anyone, only the people who truly deserve it. But the girls have learned from the mistakes of their father, and know that a shred of evidence could get them caught. So when Fancy stumbles upon a mysterious and invisible doorway to another world, she opens a door to endless possibilities…."

A while ago, I read Bleeding Violet and I absolutely loved it. It was a very dark book for being YA and I was incredibly impressed. Slice of Cherry isn't a direct sequel, but it takes place in the same twisted town of Portero, Texas. This time, homicidal sisters Fancy and Kit are the main characters seeking to find a world where they can kill and not get caught. Doesn't that sound awesome? They kind of remind me of Ginger and Brigitte from Ginger Snaps, which is one of my favorite movies.

3) Red Glove by Holly Black
Very, very short summary from Amazon.

"The cons get twistier and the stakes get higher in Red Glove, the sequel to White Cat."

One of my favorite books of last year was White Cat by Holly Black. She created this unique world that is fantastical, but gritty and realistic. It was easily one of the best fantasy books I've read in general. I seriously can't wait for this book, even if I am underwhelmed by the cover. It's set to come out in April.

4) Boyfriend from Hell by E. Van Lowe

Summary from E's blog.

"...Boyfriend From Hell, is about a boyfriend from hell--literally. It's a YA paranormal like Never Slow Dance With A Zombie, but I've cut back on the comedy a bit in this one. It's the story of Megan Barnett, the fifteen year-old daughter of a 39 year-old single mom, Suze. When Suze decides it's time she had a man in her life, Megan is not happy. With good reason:

'First off, if anyone in my family should be dating, it should be me. I'm primo dating age here. How's it going to look if my mother has a boyfriend and I don't?' So Megan and Suze both set out to meet boyfriends. That's when all hell breaks loose."

E. Van Lowe posted about his upcoming book on his blog just a few days ago. I read Never Slow Dance with a Zombie and I really loved it. This one sounds intriguing, plus E will be bringing his readers along the journey to publication with this novel, including a contest to choose the cover art. I'm so excited! Follow E's blog for upcoming developments on his book. It's set to come out September 2011.

1 comment:

E. Van Lowe said...

Thanks for sharing my exciting news, Titania.

-E