Tuesday, September 15, 2009

BBAW Reading Meme

I saw this on Alea's blog and decided to steal it.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?

I like to read while I eat meals or eat snacks. I pretty much read at every opportunity. My favorite reading snack is yogurt.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?

I only mark in books for school. Writing in my other books is a horrific notion.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?

I use Magic Cards for bookmarks. They are the perfect size and shape.

Laying the book flat open?

Never!

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?

Mostly fiction, but the occasional nonfiction is ok.

Hard copy or audiobooks?

Hard copies and eBooks for my eReader

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?

I can put a book down at any point, but if I really need to know what happens, I'll keep reading and forget to eat and sleep.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?

Nope. Then I usually forget what the word was.

What are you currently reading?

Siddhartha by Herman Hesse and Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin

What is the last book you bought?

Crashed by Robin Wasserman

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?

I usually read a couple of books for pleasure at a time, plus school reading.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?

I like to read during the day in the comfy recliner chair in my living room. It's peaceful because no one else is home and my kitty sits with me. :)

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?

Both are good.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?

Watchmen by Alan Moore

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)

There's really no sort of organization. I just put them wherever they fit. I have 2 bookcases plus books on top of the bookcases, on top of my desk, and on my keyboard
.